Notes to remember:
- Cleansing, toning, exfoliating and moisturising are important factors in ensuring your client/models face is ready for make up application. It might be an idea to recommend the client exfoliates their face the night before a shoot as the skin can get quite red after exfoliating. If it's a bridal photo shoot, recommend exfoliating 3/4 days prior to the event.
ALWAYS INFORM YOUR CLIENT THAT YOU'RE GOING TO WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE BEGINNING ON THEIR SKIN: THIS IS NOT ONLY HYGIENIC BUT PROFESSIONAL.
- CLEANSE to get rid of grime/makeup/dirt - take it all of. You're working on a blank canvas.
- Men - cleanse dirt from skin, use a tissue instead of cotton wool as this won't get caught on stubble.
- Use babybuds around the delicate eye areas to remove left over mascara/eyeliner or any foundation/concealer.
- TONE after cleansing to get rid of any left over grime and moisture. This prepares for the moisturiser.
- MOISTURISING - use as much as a pea and don't forget the neck! Apply in firm upward motions working from the middle of the face outwards. Careful around delicate areas and make sure you're not too rough with it.
- Use couch roll to keep the surface you are working on clean; this looks professional and ensures the client is confident that you're clean.
- Have your brush cleaner in a bowl. This is an alcoholic substance, if used during a makeover because you only have one kind of a brush, make sure it is dried and that the alcohol smell had faded as it can make client's eyes water and be unpleasant.
- Shampoo your professional brushes every two weeks to keep the bristles soft and clean.
- Keep sectioning clips in your kit to keep hair off the face, and keep your hairdressing cape in your kit too.
- Be aware of eyes; some liquids and powders can irritate eyes - always ask if your client has contact lenses too.
- You can always ask your client to remove their own eye make up if it's proving difficult to remove - some people might want to do it themselves.
- *** IS YOUR CLIENT ALLERGIC TO ANYTHING? ***
- Use sensitive, non fragranced and hypoallergenic products when removing make up and cleaning the skin.
- Put your dirty cotton wool in the bin - don't leave it by your kit.
- You can ask your client to look up to the ceiling to really clean around the eyes.
- Your client's face is completely clean when your cotton buds and cotton wool are clear of any make up or grime.
LESSON EVALUATION
I really enjoyed this first practical lesson as I could finally get stuck in! I found that my client was relaxed as I cleansed her face. I asked for her feedback and she said I had the pressure right in terms of how firm I was being with her face, and that she felt very at ease and even though I was close to her she didn't feel like I was invading her personal space. When it came to removing her eye make up, she had waterproof, non budging mascara on and I thought it was going to be difficult to remove. I managed to remove it without asking her to try by soaking the eyelashes a bit more with the cleanser and being slightly firmer. I then removed the rest and cleaned up the eyes with a cotton bud. I was pleased with the overall result and my client felt refreshed and ready for make up application.

No comments:
Post a Comment