Wednesday, 21 October 2015

Monochromatic design

We were set the task of creating a monochromatic makeup design in lesson and I was really excited to start this! I am a fan of using one colour and colours similar to eachother for makeup looks because it creates a beautiful, dimensional and interesting look. I decided to go with the colour silver as I'm torn between which colour represents royalty and wealth; gold or silver? Gold is traditionally used to represent these, however my other designs are featuring golds and reds so I thought I would go with silver for my monochromatic design.


Monochromatic face chart

This was the monochromatic makeup look on Hannah designed above:



I was really pleased with how the makeup turned out - I liked just having one colour but in two tones to work with. The look is simple but effective, it's almost mystical! I used the Illamasqua liquid metals palette in our kit that I hadn't used before so I was interested to see what the texture and final outcome was like. The liquid metals were easy to work with and blended beautifully. Here are my two favourite pictures that demonstrate the makeup:



Products used:
  • No7 cleanser, toner and moisturiser
  • Illamasqua matte primer
  • Illamasqua skin base mixed with MAC studio fluid fix NW15 (foundation)
  • MAC concealing pot NW15
  • Illamasqua loose powder translucent
  • Illamasqua liquid metals eye palette in 'Electrum' and 'Surge'
  • L'Oreal false lash mascara, black
Brushes used:
  • Real Techniques stippling brush
  • Kryolan Kabuki brush
  • Kryolan concealer brush
  • Charles Fox round puff
  • Real Techniques eye shadow brush
  • Naked Pallet eye shadow brush
  • Unnamed eye blending brush
  • Disposable mascara wand
  • Real Techniques contour brush


Health and safety for this technical lesson:
  • Work surface area must be clean and tidy
  • Use couch roll to cover the surface of your work space 
  • Wash hands after preparing where you'll be working! Use antibacterial soap and a clean towel
  • Always lay out your brushes on the couch roll - never a surface. Make sure your brushes are always clean before you arrive 
  • Gown the model
  • Always remember to ask whether the client is allergic to anything, if so, what?
  • Does the client wear contact lenses or have sensitive eyes?
  • Cleanse the face and follow on with toner and moisturiser before applying makeup
  • Bin any dirty cotton pads, wash your hands again after this
  • Use a mixing palette or the back of your hand to mix products. Do not double dip!
  • Direct the model if necessary, looking upwards, moving their head etc

No comments:

Post a Comment