Monday, 16 November 2015

Practicing Halloween looks


Inspiration for the skull makeup
I continued to experiment at home for halloween. I decided to use my boyfriend as a model and create a take on a skull (not as fun as a sugar skull but scarier!) and was pleased with the outcome. I used the Supracolour palette in just black and white and then blended and shaded for a hollow, skull-like effect. The look all in all probably took about 40 minutes, I was especially pleased with the blending and how the lines over his cheekbones and eyebrow area completely distorted his face. 


My final outcome

I also decided to have a go at pop-art makeup and attempted this on myself. I was pleased with this outcome too, but had to practice a while to get the black marks that define the features just right. This look took about an hour to do, the most time consuming aspect of it was the white dots- quite a boring ordeal but totally worth it in the end! I used a youtube video for inspiration:



 

My final outcome




Bibliography:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/32/fe/2c/32fe2c27c4f6bf61aba54c5469989ac3.gif

http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2014/10/Mike_C/SheKnows_US/1052891/17._Skeleton.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/fa/b4/46/fab4465b71a311950233fe8c126a72e9.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment