Monday, 7 December 2015

Timed assessment - in the role of the makeup artist

Final side image from the timed assessment
I think Hannah designed an absolutely beautiful contemporary Elizabethan piece. I was so excited to start practising this design and really got into staying extra hours at University to nail it and make sure it was exactly how she wanted it.

What has your partner done well?

Hannah was great at providing me with instructions on how to apply the product, face charts, pictures and provided a list of products that I'd be using to bring the design to life. The instructions I was given was a step by step guide on which products worked well with her skin, which we needed to experiment with before the assessment day, and (in order) a guide to applying the makeup. The face chart we used for the final design and the day was an accurate representation of the design and the picture we had taken of the final practise before the assessment was put up on our mirror on the day so I had that to refer to as well.

What could be improved?

Similar to my design, Hannah's design changed slightly a few times before the final assessment. Thankfully they weren't huge designs but it meant we both had to tweak a few things before the day! I think for next time a definite final design should be ready in place without any changes. Naturally, as a makeup artist practising the design and working with someone meant there were bits we thought would look better and wanted to change, and as a mutual decision these were accepted and changed for the day. If the design had changed a huge amount with little time before the final assessment this could have been a problem.

Explain how it could be improved:

I think more time for trial and error could improve the changes before the deadline! If I'd had more time to practice (even though we practiced a lot) I think the decision to change things slightly would have come sooner rather than just before the assessment. Other than this I can't think of any faults when working with Hannah, and wouldn't have called this a major fault.



No comments:

Post a Comment